I am Nicolás Della Penna, and go by Nikete to my friends.
Im currently doing a PhD in the Statistical Machine Learning group at ANU/NICTA under the supervision of Mark D. Reid.
I am focused on the relationship between statistical learning and collective cognition: how social institutions can embody learning algorithms, and what new institutions could have better properties.
You can find a brief CV here, there is also my accounts on twitter.com/nikete, and github.com/nikete.
Some academic papers I have worked on are:
- NDP, Dhaval Adjodah, Alex Pentland. Live manuscript: Efficiency in prediction markets, evidence from SciCast.org Collective Intelligence 2015. code on github
- NDP, Eaman Jahani, Peter Krafft, Alex Pentland, Julian Mcauley. "Bubbles and Network Structure: a study in cryptocurrencies" International Conference on Computational Social Science 2015.
NDP, Peter Kraft, Alex Pentland. "Herding in Markets: A Randomized Field Experiment". Second Annual Workshop on Crowdsourcing and Behavioral Experiments, at ACM EC 2014.
Peter Krafft, Julia Zheng, Erez Shmueli, NDP, Joshua Tenenbaum, and Alex Pentland. Popularity and Performance: A Large-Scale Study. Collective Intelligence 2014.
- Shamin Kinathil, Scott Sanner, NDP. Closed-form Solutions to a Subclass of Continuous Stochastic Games via Dynamic Programmingi. UAI 2014.
- Rafael M. Frongillo, NDP, Mark D. Reid Interpreting prediction markets: a stochastic approach NIPS 2012 superceeds ICML 2012 Workshop on Markets Mechanisms and Multi-Agent Models.
- Ben Moran, NDP. Continuous-time recursive Bayesian updating in networks of stochastic spiking neurons. NIPS 2012 Workshop Information in Perception and Action
- Joseph Noel, Scott Sanner, Khoi-Nguyen Tran, Peter Christen, Lexing Xie, Edwin Bonilla, Ehsan Abbasnejad, NDP. New Objective Functions for Social Collaborative Filtering. WWW 2012
- NDP, Mark D. Reid Crowd & Prejudice: An Impossibility Theorem for Crowd Labelling without a Gold Standard
Collective Intelligence 2012
- NDP, Mark D. Reid. Bandit Market Makers, NIPS 2011, Second Workshop on Computational Social Science and the Wisdom of Crowds. latest version